REMOTE IN THE UK / FINANCE TEAM / FULL-TIME
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
You’re a talented Finance Manager looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real problems. We value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity, collaboration, curiosity, and enduring ethics.
Your team and your role
We’re looking for someone to help build out and mature the finance function in the company, working closely with our Finance Director to support the growth plans of the business. You’ll be joining as the 2nd finance hire in an ESG-focused B2B SaaS business that has just raised Series A funding and has significant plans for international expansion.
This is a hands-on role so we are looking for a dedicated, diligent, and resilient self-starting individual who can work independently and, in due course, grow a team around them.
- Own the day-to-day accounting function, working with our external accountants and managing Revenue Recognition to ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Identify, track and report company KPIs to board and investors, while suggesting further lead metrics that could give insight into future financial performance.
- Develop the consolidation process and FX strategies as the business grows and creates subsidiary entities.
- Create and manage a robust controls environment, working with the business to identify areas for improvement.
- Support the Finance Director with ad-hoc budgeting and FP&A tasks including reviewing of business cases and performing market insights.
- Take ownership of and become a key player in building of a finance operations structure, with key focus on robustness through efficiency.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
- Minimum 2+ years post qualification experience (PQE)
- Previous start-up/scale-up experience within a SaaS environment beneficial
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, as well advising, challenging influencing when required.
- The ability to balance being a self-starter with being a team player and building great relationships internally
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
- Salary Range: £50,000-60,000, dependent on level of experience
- Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with a dedicated budget
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.