REMOTE (ACCESS TO LONDON HEAD OFFICE) /
ENGINEERING TEAM/ FULL-TIME
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing VC Backed start up tackling global challenges. You’ll get the opportunity to be part of & help build a killer team, play a critical role in shaping one of the worlds’ most archaic & pollutive industries.
You’re a software engineer looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real-world problems.
We are looking for a lead software engineer to take ownership of our system for extracting data from photographs and scans of construction forms. This is an opportunity to take technical leadership of a key part of a growing business. You’ll either have previous leadership experience, or be a senior engineer looking to take the next step in your career. You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s head office in London for team meetings and socials. We operate highly flexible working, with many of the team operating remotely day to day and meeting bi-weekly for collaborative work and a bit of fun!
- You are extremely curious, independent, and enthusiastic with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge
- You recognise that working in a team is a chance both to learn and to teach
- You have excellent software development experience from concept through to production at scale
- You care about the impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time
- A clear and articulate communicator and leader
Desirable skills and experience
- Development of production software in Python
- Professional exposure to machine learning (e.g. form-extraction / vision systems / NLP). Experience of building models is desirable but not required
- Strong software engineering basics; interest in high-quality code
- Tech leadership, e.g. architecture and leading projects
- Mentoring and influencing. This is not a people-management role, but you will need to sell your technical vision to others
Python, C#, JS/Typescript, React, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, xUnit, Terraform.
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity options
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Strong learning and development opportunities
- Regular company social events
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf
- Flexible benefits include wellness, discounts and more…
Qualisflow is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, free from unfair or unlawful discrimination.
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
Our founders Brittany (an award winning engineer) and Jade (environmental scientist with experience working on two of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects) have used their experience in the industry and entrepreneurial training to build an industry changing tool and a world class team. Qflow has raised over £2.4 million in venture capital and grant funding from a combination of international Prop Tech and Impact investors.
With a total addressable market of £1.13bn in the UK alone, and plans to expand internationally within the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to join a team looking to scale rapidly in both reach and impact. Qflow sells directly to construction and development teams, and collaborates with industry partners such as logistics contractors and environmental consultants. Qflow’s first wave of products deliver real-time data on construction processes (including material and waste management), providing new insights generated by our platform that have never been experienced in this sector before. You will be providing critical infrastructure with the tools to build more efficiently and more sustainably, whilst also automating hideous admin tasks on-site.
If you want to know more about what we get up to, follow us on LinkedIn for regular updates!