REMOTE IN THE UK / ENGINEERING TEAM / FULL-TIME
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
You’re a talented Software Test Engineer looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real problems. We value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity, collaboration, curiosity, and enduring ethics.
Your team and your role
As the team’s first dedicated tester, we’re looking for someone to shape what testing and quality looks like in Qflow. You will take the lead in developing and implementing (automated) testing strategies, frameworks and processes, to ensure the delivery of high-quality software solutions.
Working in our Engineering team and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you’ll be working closely with our engineers and product team to ensure the seamless integration of testing into the development lifecycle.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks for all levels of testing, including system, integration and regression
- Collaborate with developers to design and implement unit and integration tests
- Conduct thorough and comprehensive testing of software applications, identifying and reporting bugs, issues, and defects
- Analyse test results and provide detailed reports to the development team, highlighting areas for improvement
- Work closely with product managers/owners to understand requirements and provide input on testability and quality aspects of the software
- Analyse user stories and use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Drive the adoption of best practices, methodologies, and tools for test automation and quality assurance
- Provide technical direction and mentorship from an individual and team perspective, with a particular focus on testing practices
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the testing process through the use of automation, tools, and process enhancements
- Proven track record in software testing within a startup/scaleup SaaS environment
- Strong experience in designing and implementing automated testing frameworks and test scripts using industry-standard tools (e.g, Selenium, Cypress, Junit, etc)
- Strong understanding of testing strategy, planning, test case design, and bug reporting
- Proficiency in one or more of our core programming languages, such as Python, C#, Typescript or related languages
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) practices and tools
- Strong understanding of exploratory testing and certainly know it’s not just ad-hoc testing
- Previous leadership experience with software development teams, including coaching and mentorship
- You are curious, independent and enthusiastic about testing, with a drive to continuously acquire new knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Previous experience working with enterprise level products is beneficial
- You care for our clients and will champion them within the development team
- Clear and articulate communication skills, equally comfortable talking about code and infrastructure as you are about user experience and business value.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the knowledge that great testing can only happen through close collaboration with developers and other team members
Qflow's Tech Stack
- Salary Range: £70,000 – £80,000, dependent on level of experience
Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with a dedicated budget.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.