REMOTE IN THE UK / PRODUCT TEAM / FULL-TIME
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
You’re a talented Designer looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real problems. We value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity, collaboration, curiosity, and enduring ethics.
Your team and your role
We’re looking for someone to play a key role key in shaping the SaaS products needed to decarbonise the construction industry, across our Mobile App, Web Platform and Dashboards. You will shape our approach and strategy in User Experience & Design and help create a beautiful experience for our customers to get the most value out of Qflow.
You’ll be working in our Core Product team, working closely with our Engineering and Commercial functions and reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO).
- Designing end-to-end workflows and experiences that are simple and elegant for Qflow’s products.
- Defining, crafting and evolving designs within design systems and/or standards
- Reviewing and gathering feedback from Product, Engineering and other teams.
- Working with customers to understand their needs through market analysis, customer research and user feedback.
- Developing personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitating the design process, presenting and iterating design solutions.
- Supporting the designs and experiences across both our web and mobile applications.
- Proven experience in product design, within a SaaS or software development team
- Solid experience in interaction design, user research, information architecture, prototyping and user testing.
- Strong understanding of common user research methods, UX patterns, UI -Patterns for different platforms and devices.
- You take a problem-first approach, always ensuring to ask questions and understand context before starting work on anything.
- Passionate about building a robust, scalable product, and the impact this has on sustainable construction and achieving net zero carbon emissions.
- You are extremely curious, independent, and enthusiastic with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
- A clear and articulate communicator, comfortable speaking with different audiences internally and externally, ranging from Product Managers and Software Engineers to non-technical clients, with the ability to adjust your style and level of detail appropriately.
- You find the best ways to test assumptions and learn; gain insight from users, clients and our teams, to remove unknowns before and during development, taking a data-driven perspective on this.
- You care about the impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time.
- You are able to think ahead, not just designing user experiences for the here-and-now, but planning for product scaling and expansion.
- Experience in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) sector is a bonus, but not essential.
Qflow's Tech Stack
Python, C#, JS/Typescript, React, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous and synchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, xUnit, Terraform
- Salary: up to £65,000, dependent on level of experience
- Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with a dedicated budget.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi.
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.