REMOTE IN THE UK / ENGINEERING TEAM / FULL-TIME
Who are we?
At Qflow we’re on a mission to transform one of the world’s most pollutive industries: Construction. We help them cut waste and reduce their carbon emissions by providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
After successfully raising an oversubscribed Series A investment round, our technical team is now growing. We are seeking a talented Senior Engineering Manager who is eager to contribute to building a sustainable future. If you are passionate about sustainability, believe that with cutting-edge technology we can address tangible issues, you value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity and encourage collaboration and curiosity within your team, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
Which is why we need you
We have an amazing, highly skilled and dedicated engineering team. We are looking for experienced manager to join and support them on this exciting journey of growth. You would own everything people related with in the engineering team – enable and empower each person to achieve their absolute best while identifying career paths, leading progression processes, shape working patterns to support efficiency and remove all blockers so the team can focus on delivering the best product.
In this role, you’ll engage with various teams throughout the organisation, fostering collaboration. Additionally, you will establish a close partnership with the Product team, HR function and will report to the CPO.
What will you be doing?
In a typical week you’ll be busy with the following:
- Investigating and understanding the skills matrix of existing team members and adapting hiring plans accordingly to cover gaps.
- Building and running plans for developing the people building team for success.
- Shaping and implementing best engineering working practices.
- Assisting in overseeing focused efforts to address technical debt and enhance code quality, in collaboration with the Product team.
- Ensuring we are fostering a positive culture to celebrate our successes and achievements, recognize efforts, learn and improve.
- Communicate with team members on a daily basis, resolving personal and professional challenges.
- Facilitating communication within the Engineering teams.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage resource at the head-count level.
- Plan team structure, capacity and workloads according to key objectives.
- Set a clear personal objectives, providing guidance, mentoring and coaching.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of the team, including renewal of security certificates and overseeing cloud expenditure.
- Ensure voices are amplified upwards and team members are fully utilised.
- Implement a culture that encourages curiosity, continues improvement and honesty.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. To be successful in this job you need to already have most of these things...
- A strong sense of self awareness and motivation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams; a real team player.
- Strong leadership experience with software development teams, including coaching and mentorship.
- Experience in hiring A team players.
- Ability to manage conflict and create a supportive and resilient culture in the software development team.
- Strong experience in an engineering environment, with a focus on building complex, scalable, and performant systems.
- Expertise in one or more of our core programming languages, such as Python, C#, Typescript or related languages.
- Experience in SaaS, quality and security.
- Strong understanding of engineering workflows.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced startup environment.
Qflow's Tech Stack
- Salary Range: £90,000 – £120,000, dependent on level of experience
Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as with many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays + 3 days company closure at Christmas and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees match contributions up to 7%.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with a dedicated budget.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi
- Private medical insurance – Comprehensive scheme supplied with the option to add family
- Critical Illness and Life insurance – We support with plans for the hard times
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.